Office and Administration Manager
We are a growing research company on the search for an Office and Admin Manager who is not only an all-rounder, but is a self-starter who can juggle multiple tasks at once. If that sounds like you, read on!
Who are we?
At Cesar Australia, we believe in practical science and sustainable solutions. We conduct scientific research and extension across agriculture, conservation and biosecurity, working on a range of native and invasive land and aquatic animals. Multi-year projects are the norm, but we also offer customised services such as training workshops, outreach talks and laboratory-based services. Making sure our research is innovative, can be applied in the real-world, and is delivered to the user is paramount.
What will you be doing?
You will perform the role of Office and Admin Manager, providing proactive, confidential administrative support to the Leadership Team. You will be an integral support across the wider business by juggling multiple tasks in Administration, Finance, HR, Event and Facility Management at a time. In this role you will:
- Coordinate day-to-day business operations and project administration activities.
- Manage financial administrative functions in accounts receivables and accounts payables.
- Support HR functions across the business, including recruitment, HR administration and onboarding of new staff.
- Implement appropriate company policies and procedures.
- Provide executive assistance to the leadership team.
- Manage the office from purchasing and facilities management to answering phones and greeting guests in a friendly, helpful manner as the face of Cesar Australia.
What would make you a good candidate?
- You are an all-rounder who likes to help others and gets the job done
- You are a reliable self-starter who takes pride and ownership of your role
- You have experience in various facets of office and staff management, including finance administration and recruitment
- You have a proven ability to quickly learn and implement new systems, and a high level of computer competency
- You love to build relationships with a diverse mix of people, with regular social activities and celebrations
- Importantly, you enjoy working for a company who is passionate about applied science and making an impact on the environment.
- Our core values resonate with you: Scientific excellence; Bring grit; Love it, own it; Trust yourself and each other; Do good for the environment.
What it means to work for us
You will be part of a company who truly wants to make the world a better place to live. Some of the other perks of working with us:
- A collaborative, flat-structured team environment with people who genuinely love what they do.
- Opportunity to work with a purpose-driven business – we are committed to making a positive impact in the world
- Regular social activities and celebrations.
- Individual, yearly learning & development budget.
- Flexible work arrangements, including remote working.
Satya Nadella once quipped, “We will reinvent productivity to empower every person and every organisation on the planet to do more and achieve more.” If you are that dedicated self-starter, take the leap and apply with us.
To start your application with us, please submit your CV and a cover letter (yep, we do read them) including why you’d like to work at Cesar, and we will be in touch as soon as we can. Please include the word “#adminsruntheworld” at the top of your cover letter so that we know you really took the time to read our job ad.