cesar's training workshops are client and participant centred. They have been developed in conjunction with leading experts from across Australia, including members of the National Pest Information Network. Our highly interactive workshops focus on pest identification at a crop and/or regional level. They are delivered by people with expertise in entomology, agriculture, insect genetics and a passion for sustainable pest management.
Who are training workshops designed for?
Our workshops are tailored to suit the individual needs of our clients and the audience to which we present. We have trained hundreds of farm advisers, growers, government department personnel and researchers.
What you'll learn at cesar's training workshops
- Find out why accurate insect identification is so important
- Learn how to collect, preserve and identify insects
- Learn how to confidently identify the major insect groups that exist in our grains, pasture, horticultural or domestic environments
- Understand how to set up an insect monitoring program
- Explore the many different monitoring techniques available and when to use them
- Learn about the strategic options for sustainably managing pests
- Understand the role of beneficial insects in controlling pests
- Learn how to avoid unnecessary use of broad spectrum insecticides
Workshop modules available:
- Beetle identification
- Caterpillar identification
- Aphid identification
- Mite identification
- Identification and understanding of beneficial insects
- How to monitor crops effectively
- IPM goals, practices and where to start
- Biosecurity threats
Contact cesar's Sustainable Agriculture team about a tailor-made training workshop to suit your needs